REPAIR AUTHORIZATION & SERVICE WAIVER
Please read carefully, thank you!
All customers requesting a iSMASHED repair agree to the following conditions:
I authorize iSMASHED to perform repair work on my iOS®, Samsung or Huawei Device. I understand that the iSMASHED repair specialists have been trained to perform iOS®, Samsung or Huawei device repairs, but iSMASHED and its affiliates are not an Authorized Service Provider (ASP) of Apple Inc, Samsung or Huawei are in no way affiliated with Apple Inc, Samsung or Huawei.
Further, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold iSMASHED it (pty) Ltd. from liability for any claims or damages of any kind or description that may arise from any device repair work performed on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod, Samsung or Huawei, unless it is caused by severe negligence of iSMASHED, or its agent.
I understand that iSMASHED IT (Pty) Ltd. has no liability for any data loss, which may occur as a result of work done on my device.
I also understand that I have the option to, and I am responsible for backing up the device before allowing iSMASHED to work on my device in the event of any data loss and hardware or software failure.
I understand that repairs or technical support rendered by iSMASHED may void manufacturer warranties for this device. iSMASHED and its affiliates do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that the manufacturer warranties are voided but may, at its sole discretion, offer its own warranty on the parts and/or services performed.
I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform iSMASHED accurately with regard to the model description and condition of my device, as well as whether any modifications or repairs have previously been attempted or completed. An iSMASHED repair specialist will perform a check-in diagnosis of my device to evaluate its condition. If the device arrives at iSMASHED in noticeably different condition than previously described, I acknowledge that additional charges may apply.
I understand that an iSMASHED repair specialist will contact me to discuss the discrepancies and potential additional costs.
As the customer, I recognize that the careful shipping of my Smart Device to iSMASHED is my responsibility, unless otherwise agreed to. If the product arrives with further damage, or is lost in transit, I bear full responsibility for that risk of loss as the shipper.
If any device should be lost or damaged further than the condition it was released to iSMASHED in, iSMASHED’s liability will be limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the device in its condition at the time of transfer to iSMASHED based on current fair market value.
iSMASHED’s liability for damages from any cause when it comes to repairing your product is limited to the cost of the repair service or a comparable replacement device. iSMASHED and its affiliates have no liability whatsoever for indirect or consequential damages resulting from a repair or repair attempt, including any lost or damaged data, software, or lost profits or revenue of the customer.
Some additional and important aspects that need to be understood and will apply to any repair.
- What happens if you repair my device and I cannot pay?
- If we have accepted your device and fulfilled the repair, and at the end of this you are unable to pay within 45 days of the job being completed, iSMASHED reserves the right to sell the device to recover the costs associated with the repair and storage of the device.
- Will a repair cause me to lose my data?
- Although you shouldn’t lose any data due to replacing your screen it is advisable to fully backup your device prior to repair.
- Repairing of smartphones, tablets and laptops shouldn’t affect the data on the device however it is best practice to backup your devices prior to arranging any repairs as there is a possibility.
- iSMASHED and any of its employees cannot be held liable for any LOSS of data related to the repair.
- Replacing your screen?
- After we have replaced the screen, there is a shorter grace period in which we will accept warranty replacements on screens. This is due to the nature of physical treatment that any device may occur after it’s repair.
- If you are experiencing any issues it’s better to inform us ASAP rather than delaying, as we may dispute a replacement if we feel it has been damaged due to negligence.
- Replacing your battery?
- Batteries are considered a consumable part and therefore we can only hold a one month warranty.
- Rejected Quoting
- Should you accept a quote and a technician be dispatched to fulfil the repair, and you do not cancel the repair within atleast 2 hours of the agreed repair date and time, a callout fee of R150 will be charged. This fee is not to profit, but merely to recover some of the cost associated with dispatching the technician.
- In the event that we have accepted your device, on the basis that it will be brought in for assessment and / or repair, within our workshop (Which in turn allows us to properly understand the full complexity and requirement of the repair, and hence a final quotation will be provided). Should you reject said final quotation, a service fee of R250 will be charged for the assessment of the device.
- Board level repairs
- Due to the nature of board level repairs we can only confirm the success of the repair once the chip / part has been replaced.
- You will only receive an invoice for it if the repair was successful, should it not be the case, an assessment fee of R350 will be charged for the callout, transport and labour involved.
- Board level repairs may take up to 15 working days but should be completed quicker, as we do endevour to process these repairs as quickly as possible, but at all times ensure quality over speed.
- Lifetime warranty
- Please refer to the following page Warranty
- Delivery fees outside 30kms
- Please note that should the work or delivery be outside of 30 KMs from our head office, a callout fee will be charged and advised before confirming your booking.
Please be advised that by accepting our services the above will apply, thank you.